Ship by same day or overnight courier, to arrive at Oxford Diagnostic Laboratories no later than 2pm the day after venepuncture. Samples that do not meet this criteria will not be processed. High risk samples must have appropriate labels stating ‘DANGER OF INFECTION’ attached to the request form and sample.
Please note that the Service is subject to closures over public holidays and the Christmas to New Year period. Please observe all closure details outlined here.
Sending by DX
DX is an independent, secure and reliable mail service which is already established in many NHS hospitals.
- Identify the DX exchange location and DX number for your hospital , or search here
- If there is no DX box at your location, Oxford Immunotec can assist with a new installation
- Download DX ODL label template here
- Label sample(s) and leave at DX collection point
Sending by DHL
To send using DHL, simply:
- Call Oxford Diagnostic Laboratories on 01235 433164 to obtain DHL account details and/or airway bills
- Label the sample(s) accordingly
- Call DHL on 0844 248 0555 to book collection of sample(s), providing Oxford Diagnostic Laboratories account details. Please request DHL Domestic Express Service
Sending by Royal Mail
To use Royal Mail, simply:
- Pre-order Royal Mail Safebox’s here
- Post samples on Special Delivery™ Next Day (delivery before 1pm) service